1/04/2013

nas 'illmatic' deluxe GOLD edition


i received the best boxing day gift to date.  my first recollection of hearing a nas song was in the 7th grade, so that was back in 96.  i missed the bus and my brother FWMJ and his friend michael had to drop me off.  on that ride to school, 'if i ruled the world' came playing through the speakers.  though mainstream, that was huge for SA radio, that played predominately west coast hip hop (if any), pop, and freestyle (stevie b. style).   that's when my love affair began.  


this 1994 timeless classic, was rereleased as package deal by get on down records for 2,000 lucky nas fans; a 'GOLD edition' deluxe box set of illmatic.  this includes a remastered 24k GOLD disc CD of illmatic that comes in a cherry wood box.  a 48 page hardback book, with words from nas himself, DJ premiere, q-tip, and pete rock.  extended artwork, promotional pics, and complete album lyrics.  & best of all the vinyl LP! 

my favourite track off illmatic has to be 'it ain't hard to tell', which samples one of my favourite michael jackson songs, 'human nature'.  (he) leaves em froze like her-on in your nose. 










No comments:

Post a Comment