3/11/2011

sade | kiss of life




i really want(ed) to refrain from talking about music on this forum, because i wanted it to solely be about fashion.  but as we can all see i am not just talking about style, but coffee, sneakers, geishas, traveling, randomness, etc.; things that shape my life.  but there is no getting around it, or at least with this song.  kiss of life makes me feel some type of way.  there are two things that can take me out of any bad mood:  seinfeld and sade.  the first time i was ever exposed to sade was by my dad playing it around the barn in the philippines as a toddler.  i have been in love ever since.  i can't really explain the feeling i get when i hear the band on a track, but it definitely evokes a certain emotion in me, that i find to personal to outwardly express.  the beginning instrumental of this song can actually bring me to tears on command and i have no idea why, but obviously there is nostalgia behind it (happy tears btw).  in particularly, it does make me think of my childhood and my relationship with my father, whom i love dearly.  constantly fragments flash through my mind of my younger days in angeles city, basingstoke, and schertz with my wonderful family, when i hear sade playing.  

i think this is also a beautifully shot video, the bright colors, the black panther, the rain running down the window pane, and ms. adu herself.  she is absolutely stunning then and now; classic.  it's a timeless song and video.   i am not impressed by much, nor am i star struck.  those things don't concern me much, but i can say it would be an honour to see her and her band perform live.  they are touring the US this year and i hope to catch her on one of the dates in one of those cities, it would mean the world to me! *fingers crossed*

sade would be a main artist on the soundtrack of my life.

while googling the kiss of life video, i ran across the definition of kiss of life (which i had no idea there was one):  


kiss of life
n
the
1. (medicine) mouth-to mouth or mouth-to-nose resuscitation in which a person blows gently into the mouth or nose of an unconscious person, allowing the lungs to deflate after each blow
2. something that revitalizes or reinvigorates

it makes perfect sense...

2 comments: