3/23/2011

whew! SXSW is over




since the drive back late sunday night, i had been debating on how i was going to deliver my final thoughts on my SXSW experience this year.  so much went on for four days straight, from am to pm that i would be all over the place trying to express my thoughts and i am still exhausted trying to play catch up from no sleep.  so i decided to just show you some of the stuff i came home with:  beer, dirty socks, chococat watch *win*, broken sunglasses, not so fresh jordans, business cards, etc., and of corse a million mixtapes from every rapper i ran into downtown!

overall, this year was most definitely the most fun!  the weather was perfect, i met great, new people, hung out with old friends, broke in my crib (s/o to meka, mel, tim, jared, gigi, frank, & FWMJ), good food and drinks, and went to some dope shows.  the most important of those shows for me this year, was obviously the rappers i know showcase.  through all the stress that night it went amazing!  everyone who was behind the scenes of making this event happen played an instrumental role towards it's success, especially my sister, khadij.  mad people came out and showed love all night!  & let me not forget to mention that my dad came through; the miller's were in the building!  the feedback was positive and people are still talking about it.  the amount of talent in ONE room was retarded.  i was honoured to witness all the artists perform.  what went down in that lounge from 8pm til a little after 2, people would die to see.  so yea, my brother be knowin' rappers; congrats FWMJ on a successful night!  i hope you continue to deliver the music you find important to the people.

there are way too many pictures and videos from the entire weekend, and i have way too many favourites to try and post them all!  so for now, peep my friend's sites, not only for pictures from the rappers i know showcase, but other showcases in and around downtown austin.  they are ossim photographers!  i will post a few of my favs on my tumblr throughout the rest of the week.




my tumblr

2 comments: